So my mom and I have been making these sweet yummy balls for years. I love taking something classic and turning it into something totally fun, so here is a recipe for being the coolest mom at sleepovers! Or if your kids refuse to eat pretty much anything and everything. My mantra for cooking for my little ones is that they’ll eat anything that looks fun!
- You’ll need to invest in a pancake ball pan… It’ll be your favorite kitchen pan, easily. Heat it up on med/high.
- Then, you need your favorite pancake batter recipe… I love Krusteaz pancake mix for sure. Or anything that’s “just add water.”
- Next, gather some fillings for your balls if you like a variety of flavors. We use chocolate chips, chopped up strawberries, blueberries… The possibilities are absolutely endless.
- Generously spray or wipe your pan with lots of veggie oil on a paper towel, grab your cookie scoop or spoon and fill the holes to the top with batter.
- Add your toppings, and push them down into the batter.
- Wait until little bubbles are on the surface of your balls and the bottoms look golden brown. Adjust the heat if you need to.
- Scoop and flip your balls over to cook the other side with two spoons or one spoon and a chopstick for a few minutes.
- You may need to keep adjusting the heat to get it just right.
- The first batch (or few batches) may turn out in weird shapes, burnt, or raw. THAT IS NORMAL. Practice makes perfect.
Ingredients & Tools